Wednesday, January 4, 2012

WIP Wed: More Kindle covers, and a Valentine's Day Project


Now that our vacation is over, I'm eager to get more inventory made up for my Etsy shop.  I have several Kindle covers all cut out, partially sewn together and ready to bind and attach Velcro.  I'll be sewing these up for a while before I tackle much else.

I did however do a bit of sewing with one of my friends, whom we spent time with over the New Year's holiday.  She's also a quilter and sewer, and had a Valentine's Day project all picked out and ready for us both to sew up.  Together we made 2 small (1 foot by 2 feet) wall hangings.  We didn't quite finish them, but she let me pick several bits of fabric from her large heart fabric collection to take home with me to finish up.  FUN!  I also brought a wallet pattern to make for her, which I got done, but failed to take a picture of...

I'm trying really hard not to start a new quilt until I get at least a few more tops sewn into quilts.  This is the next one on deck!

It's Wednesday, so I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced WIP Wed.  Come join us!

4 comments:

Alli said...

That's a nice stack of Kindle-covers-to-be! :)

The Thompsons said...

I wish I could say I'm being good about not starting anything until I finish some of my projects, but alas! I always get sucked in to doing something else. :) I'm excited to see some of your finishes.

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

I need to make some kindle covers, too! We have 2 new kindles in the family. Yours look nice!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Good for you! I'm ready to close my store. I'll keep an eye on yours. I don't have a kindle... maybe some day!
~Monika