Saturday, January 14, 2012

Architecture progress


I got my quilt top finished for Project Quilting's first challenge.  The back's all ready too.  I just need to quilt them together.  Here's the only picture I have of this style of houses though.  God forbid that you look like a tourist in your own town ya know.   I'm kind-of shocked at how FEW pictures I have of the French Quarter, after living there for years.  I guess part of it is that until recently (like 2 years ago) I only had a big bulky camera that I never wanted to carry around with me.  Big bulky cameras also attract criminals who target tourists in the quarter, so I just never carried one around when I lived there.  (sigh). The only reason I have this one is that it was taken just 6 months after Hurricane Katrina hit, and we were there visiting my parents (who were living in a trailer).  We spent a lot of our time on that trip touring the vast destruction.

If you have a good photo I can borrow by tomorrow at noon, send me a line.  Otherwise I just hope people can see my inspiration.  Oh, and wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Kris from Duke Says Sew What said...

Becky you did such a nice job on this! Very creative. I was just admiring your kindle covers, too. My youngest wants a cover and I think I will do something similar as I really like how yours came out.