Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stick a fork in me...

And call me done!

***spoiler alert... if you swap postcards with me, and don't want to see your January cards, don't scroll down!!***

The kids had a snow day today, after night of thick slushy snow, and the forecast of freezing rain and/or more snow.  The snow turned to rain this morning, making it too yucky to even go out and play.  The roads are slick and icy, so we've all been stuck in the house all day (except for the walk our dog insisted upon).  The done their share of bickering, while I've tried to get some sewing done.  I sure hope there's school tomorrow, but with temps getting below freezing tonight, it's likely that they won't.  Only time will tell.

I've worked more on my scrap attack quilt.  The plan was to make all different blocks and put it all together into one quilt, but now I'm thinking I may change my mind.  What do you think?  I really like that lower right block...

I finally decided to get a whole bolt of interfacing this time around for my Kindle cases (my dog's thrilled).  I'm sick of driving an hour each way when I run out, and Jo-anns had a whole new bolt of what I needed, and were more than happy to sell it to me.  I was even able to use my 40% off coupon!  I've been cutting it up today, and will soon have some more Kindle covers on my Etsy shop.

I also finished my postcards for my swap, although I need to take them to the post-office, and don't want to drive in this mess, so it'll be later this week that they get off.  They turned out really cute! I hate to spoil the surprise, but I also hate waiting to post, and frequently forget if I wait, so here they are!!  I joined 2 this month, "Embellished Owls, and "Year of the Dragon".  I found that this scissor work was a nice thing to do while watching TV in the evening, and didn't aggravate my hands, so I may just start doing more of it!!



Enjoy!

3 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Managed to get some sewing in even with the kids at home... of course moving the sewing space probably helped!!! Now you can just shut the door, plug in the iPod.... and zone. Great projects pictured, (I like all the blocks) and the dragons the best!!!

The Thompsons said...

Your postcards turned out beautifully! Love them both.

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

Wow. . you are so talented!