Monday, January 23, 2012

More Postcards, Birthdays, New Year's and National Pie Day!


I just thought I'd share a few more postcards that I've been sending out lately.  I've been making these in lieu of standard paper cards for family birthdays and other events (Mother's Day, Father's Day, thank you cards, etc...).  They're fun to make and receive, much cheaper than the paper cards, are a great way to use up small fabric scraps.  One of these is for my twin brother's birthday, which is today ;-). These were super-easy and fast to make, and so much more personal (IMO) than a store-bough card.

I also don't think I've shared this amazing card that came to me in my last swap, "Winter pastimes".  Tamara, from our swap group made it.  I hate to pick favorites, because all of the cards are beautiful, but this one really is among my "top picks".  I'm pretty sure that those knitting needles are toothpicks!!

It's also the Chinese, or Lunar New Year (Happy New Year!), AND it's National Pie Day in the USA.  I've been requesting pie for my birthday for years, and was thrilled to hear a few years ago that I share my birthday with "Pie Day".  These are 2 of my favorite kitchen tools!  I make a lot of pies, quiche, and biscuits too, because you can take this lady away from the South, but you can't take the South away from this lady!!  I hope you too will enjoy a slice of pie today!

Finally, one last picture that I took on my walk with the dog this morning.  The sun is out, it's gorgeous today, and the last of the snow and ice has almost been melted away, but left these neat little sculptures for me to enjoy and share!

4 comments:

Barbara Arcement said...

pretty cards. I have never tried making them.
I enjoy reading your blog.
I would love it if you could stop by by blog and become a follower. I am trying to get up to 50 followers during 2012.
All those pictures of the ice crystals in your previous post are so neat We rarely get ice here in South Louisiana
hugs
beebee

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Hummmm a birthday and Pie Day in one... you're right, they belong together. Gung Hay Fat Choy! Oh and the little knitting are cute.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you liked the postcard I made you! I had fun making them! And yes I did make the knitting needles using toothpicks.
Tamara

Becky said...

Thanks! And Tamara, I love it!! Thanks!