Thursday, March 15, 2012

Medical Tenchologist Quilt Revisited



In the last week or two, I've had a sudden renewed interest in my Med Tech Quilt from a year ago.  It seems as though a Med Tech/Clinical Laboratory Scientist educator found it on my blog and passed it along on a mass email to educators throughout the country!  I'm thrilled!!  As a result, I may have the opportunity to display it at the annual meeting of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science!!!  This is a BIG DEAL!  I feel so honored!!

The stats: 40 x 48 inches, machine appliqued and quilted (or thread painted), quilt as you go method.

I looked back at my old posts, and decided it would be a good idea to put all of the pictures and links to the posts in one blog post.  Here it is!  I'll post them in the order that I made them, and blogged about them, with a link to each post below.  Enjoy!  Thanks to all of those who have expressed interest in this quilt.  It's truly one of my favorites, and I really enjoy all of the other medical professionals and others who have shown their appreciation.

14 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

That is so awesome! Congratulations!

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Yay... some of can now say we knew you when....

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Yay... some of can now say we knew you when....

Deborah said...

Awesome. Truly a blend of art and science!

e said...

completely weird!!

The Thompsons said...

What an awesome quilt! My husband would love this!

Susan said...

I remember when you worked/blogged about this quilt last year and then as still now, it is so darn cool. I'm so happy for you that Med Tech will be displayed! How fun it is to be recognized for your work. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that is so great! Well done!

Cheryl (Grandma Coco) said...

I just love that you took something important to you and worked it into a quilt. To me, that's what all of art is about. Fantastic!

Scrapatches said...

Sew interesting! What a unique quilt! :)

MBMathis said...

I'm a nurse and a quilter, and I LOVE this. Your quilting skills are fantastic, I have not achieved the drawing with thread ability (at least not yet).

Marla said...

This is SO great. I really enjoyed looking at each design and trying to figure it out without looking at the caption.

Kris C. said...

This is supremely awesome!

Jessica said...

Oh! I saw blocks of this quilt some time ago, before I started blogging. I love it!!!

So funny that I found this again after wandering here after #talknt tonight! Small world!