Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Finish: Postcards, Quilt tops and Freezer


It's Friday again, so I'm linking up with Amandajean of Crazy Mom Quilts "Finish it up Friday".  Feel free to join in or see what others have finished!

This week my finishes were my "Easter egg" postcards for my March swap, my Scrap Attack Quilt top and the New Orleans French Quarter Quilt top.
I already have the French Quarter Quilt all pin-basted and ready to quilt!
I finally got out my "Organic Chemistry" quilt top to sew up next, hopefully in time for our May Quilt show.

Here's some of the postcards I've been getting in the mail from my "Where you are" swap.  One is even from South Africa!!  I have an Ireland quilter in my Easter Egg swap too, so I'm getting them across oceans now!
Only 2 of us signed up for the February "I'm still sleeping" swap, but my partner accidentally sent me not 1, but 2 hand-stitched postcards!  WOW!  I'm impressed.  I whipped up a cute "extra" card of my own with the 2 kittens wide awake this time ;-).

One last thing that is almost finished is our freezer full of last summer's garden goodness.  Below are the before (early October) and after (this morning) pictures.  Some of the "after" jars are actually roasted pureed winter squash that we froze in December.  I'm actually stunned that we went through this much (and then some, as I canned a lot too, and it's all gone).  But with 2 growing boys/men, I guess I'd better get used to it!!
I've been seeing a lot of Spring pictures in blog-land lately, and hope to have some of my own to post soon too, but I thought I'd share a final picture I took yesterday morning of our local quail seeking cover from the snow!  I'm sure we'll warm up soon...  right?

3 comments:

A.S.K.-P. said...

<3 your Organic Chemistry quilt Becky! SOO COOL!
Looks like you're the one to talk to re: canning tips!

Betty said...

Love the quilts, esp the scrap attack!
Spring is here!
(if in doubt, check my blog)
I cameover from Amanda Jeans's

Foster said...

Such beautiful handiwork! Love the postcards!