Friday, March 23, 2012

Final Project Quilting: Zig Zag Non Quilt


I almost didn't do the final Project Quilting round, because today is the last day I'll have access to my sewing machine or computer until after the week-end, but here it is. 

The challenge this week was "zig-zag", with an additional challenge to go beyond a basic zig zag quilt.  I really had a hard time with this, mainly due to the time crunch, but also because zig zags aren't really a particularly favorite pattern of mine.  It was hard for me to create something that was based on a pattern I don't really like. I had nothing, and was resigned that it was going to be nothing, when I sat down to finish all of my postcards with, yes... a zig zag stitch!  I can DO that.

I just got my first ever ipod (touch) a week or 2 ago, and I've been wanting to make myself a case for it.  I made one for my son a few months ago.  So first I "made" some fabric with a solid black and many colors of threads and zig zag stitches.
Then I made a "quilt" with it, added Velcro, put in a fold, and now I have an ipod case!  I took more pictures, and will try to put up a tutorial in the near future.
Thanks again to Kim, of Kim's Crafty Apple for hosting this fun event!!