Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wed: Children's Delight Quilt


Now that I have finally finished my Summer Sampler Quilt, i have all of my basting pins available again, so I've been busy getting yet another UFO (2+ years old) ready to quilt.

I made this from the first of 2 charm packs that I ever bought.  I had my boys each pick one out several years ago, so that I could teach them how to sew.  One of my sons did make, and even finish a quilt.  My other son never did, so I decided I'd use it in a quilt, using the "Children's Delight" pattern. 

When I unfolded this quilt for the first time in a year or so, I couldn't believe that it took me so long to finish it.  This week I added borders, and sewed up the back.  I'm hoping to get it done this week!

As usual, I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced WIP Wed.  Come join us!

1 comment:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

It's lovely... did you talk about this one while you were making it, because I don't remember it... but then again... I am suffering from a short memory. Next question... how are you going to quilt it?