Friday, February 10, 2012

Finish it up Friday: New Pants and a Postcard

It's Friday, so I thought I'd share yet another garment finish, and a (late) birthday postcard that I'm putting in the mail today.  I'm joining up with Crazy Mom Quilts' Finish it up Friday's link-up.  Come see what others have finished this week!

Yesterday, I finished up my new pants!  These have got to be the most comfortable pants I've ever had!  They're made of stretch corduroy, a wonderfully comfortable fabric!  They were also super-easy to make (an "easy Simpicity" pattern).  I already had both the fabric and the pattern, so they are also easy on the budget!

I also had a birthday in the family this week.  It kind of crept up on me.  It's for my little nephew.  I had this robot Japanese "Kokka" fabric that I bought in a a big scrap bag of fabric off of Etsy, and knew it'd be perfect.  If you haven't typed in "fabric scraps" into Etys's supply search, give it a try!

I also wanted to figure out a way of "writing" on the postcard that was different than machine embroidery or hand stitching, or writing, and suddenly figured out a way to use up (a very wee little bit of) the fabric selvages that I have been saving to some day make one of those awesome selvage projects I've seen in blog land.
I love it, and hope he does too!

I hope you have a great week-end.

4 comments:

Kelly @ Vintage Fabric Studio said...

oh that card is lovely, and you've just reminded me to get one going for my hubby's b-day tomorrow!

Erin @ MakeitSew said...

What a cute idea for a card!

Barbara Arcement said...

cute card and great pants. I have not tried making clothing other than a simple dressing gown. I am going to give those pants a try.
beebee

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

Making customized postcards for bdays, etc. is a great idea! btw.... http://kissedquilts.blogspot.com/2012/02/antiquing-via-quilts.html I've just awarded you a 'Versatile Blogger Award'!