Tuesday, December 13, 2011

'Tis the Season...


Lately, I've been spending a whole lot of time at this place, helping my sons' boy scout troop sell Christmas trees.  We've had a long-ish spell of freezing fog to coincide with it too, beautiful, but cold, and icy! 
 
Today, the sun is really trying hard to peek through the fog.  I sure hope it does!  Luckily, I have a lot of warm winter clothes from living in Northern Michigan, but it's still given me a whole new appreciation for those who work outdoors this time of year.

I did manage to send off a few hand made gifts this year.  I found these ultra-cute paper dolls printed on fabric at our local quilt store this summer, and bought up enough to make some for my nieces.  All I did was fuse the fabric to some fusible fleece, then cut it all out.  No sewing involved, and a perfect thing to do while watching TV at night.

I also had a personal request to make a replacement purse for another niece, after she lost her purse in a store.  Welcome to the world young lady!  At least she's not old enough to carry a credit card and drivers' license! 

I also had to order batting on-line, after driving to the closest Jo-anns, an hour away, and they were all sold out!  Booooo.  Luckily they had it on-line half off, with free shipping.  But it took forever to get here.  Now I can finally put some quilts together (once I find some time).  I also decided to send my Bliss Quilt to my intended recipient (another niece... my SIL and BIL have 4 beautiful girls, and my brother and SIL have 1).  I still feel bad that the quilting isn't great, but luckily it is a really pretty quilt.

I hope all of you are enjoying the season!  Yes, there's always a ton to do, but it's also a nice time to reconnect, help others and to remember that the best gifts are those that don't cost a cent.

2 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I bet the quilting won't even be noticed!!! but the quilt will be loved either way! Sign up for Joanns online coupons too, they are different than the mailed ones!

Jennifer said...

Yay for batting in bulk! Don't worry about the quilting... it's usually just you who would ever notice a mistake!

Jennifer :)