Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Making Hay While the Sun Shines (more Kindle covers)


Now that I'm feeling well again, I've been trying to make up for lost time by sewing up more Kindle covers for my Etsy shop.  Selling has picked up quite a bit, so I'm trying to take advantage of it while I can!  The cover above is actually a large tablet cover I custom made for a good friend of mine.  She was my first room mate here in Oregon, when we were both working as wildlife biologists.  She also introduced me to my husband!

Here's a peek at the ultra-simple way I photograph my covers for Etsy.  It's proof that you don't need anything too fancy.  Our camera is a basic point and shoot Cannon Power Shot.  It's great!  I love the way it takes "micro" images, up close.  Now that it's winter, I'm again enthralled at all of the beautiful ice crystals that form each night, including these that I took a picture of this morning.

I also have to brag and show off my husband's latest creation... he's making us a new shed!!  Yea!!!  Yes, I know, I'm very lucky to have a guy who knows how to build and work with wood and construction!

1 comment:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Great covers.... I picked up a purse pattern while in the US so I could make a tote to carry my tablet... inconspicuously... and a few other items. Reading on a tablet is so nice!!!

Hummmm maybe an addition to the house next? A sewing room?