Friday, November 25, 2011

Churn Dash Quilt/Seeing Red


I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  I'm very thankful for all of you who read my blog!  It's so fun to share a hobby that you love, and I'm afraid not everyone in my day to day life shares this enthusiasm LOL!  So this is a really fun outlet for me!  Thanks!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, spent with old and new friends, and our immediate family.  I feel very lucky!  Today I have my post-Thanksgiving stretchy pants on, did a few extra laps walking our dog this morning, and I'm trying to finish up this churn dash quilt.  I'm hoping to get it done in time for Christmas (wish me luck).  Red is one of my least favorite colors, but the recipient likes it.  I don't know if it's because of this, or because I just don't have the experience working with this color, but I'm not as excited about the almost finished product as I was in the beginning.  But I'm not going to change it now.  I made the quilt pattern up myself (lots of delicious mind crunching math!), so ended up short a few blocks.  I have plenty of extra fabric though, so that's no problem.  I already have the rows wen together... just need to make the missing blocks.

I'm not a big shopper, but I really need more batting (I'm all out).  I've been waiting for it to go on sale at Jo-anns, and it is today and tomorrow, so I'll be doing a wee bit of holiday acquisition...  I hope all of you are having a great holiday week-end!

1 comment:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

I love it! (Tutorial maybe?) :)
Have fun sewing.