Wednesday, August 10, 2011

WIP Wed: Summer Sampler Continued


I have 2 more blocks done, and only 1 left to make!  Yipee!  I love how this quilt is coming together!  With only 21 days left until school starts, I hope to get some good chunks of time back to do some actual quilting soon (weather permitting).  I can't complain much though, as my kids are getting old enough that I no longer worry about keeping them out of trouble, but instead worry that they spend way too much time entertaining themselves on the computer.  I've been able to do more sewing this summer than ever before!  I've started the final block, and hope to finish it soon, and pack up my finished quilt blocks to make room for school supplies and veggies.

Speaking of veggies, our garden is coming along quite well.  I'm so glad my kids like veggies.  Each year, our garden gets bigger and bigger, and we have less and less of it to preserve.  Anyone with teen boys knows where it all goes :-).  I only planted a few flowers this year, none for cutting, so I'm enjoying instead the flowers in the garden.  Ever notice most are yellow?  I wonder why.  But I did find a few purple ones this week... an eggplant flower, and a yard-long bean flower.  Pretty!

We also have some young okra almost ready to pick (my favorite veggie), and some red starting to appear!

As usual, it's Wednesday, so I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced blog.  Come join us!

1 comment:

Lee said...

The Summer Sampler blocks look great! Good job catching up, I can't wait to see it done! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )