Whew hew! I just got her done! You can still see the yellow chalk in the photos. I'll try to post pictures of it after the wash, but my husband helped me get these pictures taken just minutes ago, and I wanted to show them!!
I decided to free-motion stars and suns (big stars) into the design, and just love the way it turned out. I am glad I stuck with it, despite the machine problems. After all, our house is mostly powered by the sun, ever since October, so we're become just a wee bit obsessed with it....
I already have a space themed quilt planned and partially cut out for my youngest, and an electronics themed one for my oldest son. Too much fun!
I also did a biased binding for the first time on this quilt. I wanted the diagonal element with the quilt and had this great batik fabric in my stash that I used. I love the way the whole quilt turned out, and thanks to Lee very much for sharing this design and quilt along with all of us!!!
Here's one last picture of another blue / yellow / purple item in our yard :-).