Monday, May 23, 2011

My first "guest post",, and a wonderful week-end

First of all, I am a guest poster today over at Sylvie's blog, "Quilters, Fabric Art, Creative Sewing!"  She's an amazing fiber artist and quilter who travels the world in their yacht, which is powered by the sun.  I met her on Etsy, and just love her personal blog as well, "Adventures at Sea".  WOW!  Head over to either one of these blogs for some amazing inspiration and virtual travel!

Next, I just want to thank everyone for all of the wonderful comments left here.  I really do appreciate and read every one of them.  I try to respond, but sometimes I have a hard time finding the time!  But they really do mean a lot to me!!!

With Spring here, I've been finding more and more to distract me from blogging and sewing.  Here's where we spent the week-end...
It was very close to the Grande Ronde River, near La Grande, Oregon.  Such a sweet place!!

We got to see lots of flowers, and even found a huge patch of morel mushrooms!!




I've been having a fun time working on Kindle covers and fabric postcards for my swap (you'll have to visit my guest post to see the progress on these).  I'm so glad my friend Monika introduced me to the fabric postcards, as they will be a perfect summer quilting and sewing "media" when the weather turns hot and the last thing I want to do is work on a warm quilt :-). 

With only a dozen-ish days left of school for the boys, a beautiful garden and berry patch that my husband has been working hard on, I won't be blogging as much as I have.  I'll try really hard to do better than last summer though, which shouldn't be hard at all LOL.  I hope you all are making fun summer plans and enjoying the warm weather.  With so many horrific weather events occurring "back East", including my birthplace of Baton Rouge, I feel very fortunate here in Eastern Oregon.  I hope all of you are safe as well!!

No comments: