Friday, September 2, 2011

Glacier National Park and beyond

We had a wonderful visit from my mom the last week or so, right before school started.  She fled hot, hot Texas for a wonderful trip to Glacier National park and other high altitude destinations.  I spent much of my childhood going on camping trips with my family, and this was a chance to reciprocate.  With Glacier National Park a day's drive from us, and a place high on my bucket list, we set off mid-week, boys and dog in tow.  It's fire season, so my husband couldn't go with us.  I was amazed at the beauty of Glacier National Park.  It even captivated my boys enough to get them to actually turn off their electronic devices and look out the window!!
We also spent some time exploring local rivers and lakes, high in the mountains.  My boys never turn down a chance to swim, no matter how cold the water is.

Now that my mom's back in Texas, the kids are in their second day of school (BOTH are now in middle school!), and my husband's busy with wildfires, I'll be doing some catching up in the garden-and-housework division...  Hopefully I'll be able to get my sewing machine humming again soon!

No comments: