Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fabric postcard fun!

I just thought I'd share some fabric postcards that I made for family and friends whom we visited on our recent trip.  I also made a few birthday postcards, but forgot to take pictures of them before mailing them off today!

The produce starting to come out of our garden is very "spring" in nature, but it's rolling in!  My husband just put up a shade cloth for the lettuce and radishes to try to extend the season.  It's a first go of shade cloth for us.  I'll let you know how it turns out!

I hope you all had a great 4th of July.  We are still recovering.  The days are so long now that yesterday the local rooster woke me up at 4:40am (first light), then our city fireworks didn't start until 10pm (that's when it's dark).  Despite the frequent sleep deprivation, I love summer, spending time at the pool, eating fresh ripe berries and produce, going barefoot and being free of the school schedule.  I still manage to get in sewing from time to time as well, and this new postcard addiction is a perfect way to "quilt" when it's hot!

2 comments:

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Pretty Pictures!!! ; )

welcome home ; )
~Monika

Marlene @ KISSed Quilts . com said...

great idea to make fabric postcards as thank you! ...p.s. Sister's posted photos on their FB page ...including the challenge block, wondered if you can see your block on there.