Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Sign of Things to Come (veggies and vintage sheets)

I love the sight of this in our garden...
We will eat our first zucchini of the year in the next day or two!
Our shade cloth experiment is going nicely...

The only sewing going on lately is some "closet curtains" that I'm making for my oldest son.  We spent the better part of a day or 2 cleaning out his room, rearranging furniture and removing the bi-fold closet doors that I hate and that take up so much room.  I cut up some really fun vintage sheets that I had and I can't wait to show you what I'm planning with them. 
My boys have been busy too...
These tiny quail chicks are having the hardest time getting up over the street curb.  They're incredibly cute!  In a few days I'm sure they won't get so stuck!

But lately I've been spending time just about each day at this place...  I feel so lucky to have this in our community!!   How's your summer going?

2 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

How did they ever get a chick separated from MOM? They usually stay pretty close! Glad they are helping mother nature along. She needs all the help we can give her, since we seem to be taking so much away!

monika@mysweetprairie.ca said...

Love that tomato star! Sweet!
We have a photo of a whole bunch of police officers helping a bunch of ducklings accross a road in town. lol Hilarious!

Yes- summer is fun. We have two beaches 15 minutes out of town, and another dozen lakes within 2 hours in all directions. Did you know our province has 100,000 lakes!? Isn't that insane? And they call Ontario 'cottage country' : )

happy summer Becky!!
~Monika