Sunday, June 5, 2011

Molecules Awaiting Assembly!


Here's what my ironing board looks like right now!  I have all of my hexagons and pentagons all cut out, pressed, and waiting assembly.  There's even some of my Kona solids there, from Gen-X's swap back in February.  I'm hoping to get them all appliqued onto the quilt this week, so I can work on the embroidery soon (wish my luck LOL).  I had so much fun picking out the fabrics for each molecule, most of which I already had in my stash.  I did have to buy the main fabric for the quilt.  I was tempted to travel an hour to one of my favorite fabric stores for the 4 yards I need, but with gas prices being what they are, I decided to stay local, and luckily our LQS had the most perfect fabric for this quilt!  I can't wait to show you, hopefully tomorrow.  My boys have one last week of school, and we spent a warm wonderful week-end doing household/yard/garden stuff.  I'm hoping to really be able to crank out some sewing this last kid-free week.  I also hope to mail off a few more postcards that are almost done.  I don't want to spoil a surprise though, so I'll keep them under wraps :-).

Probably the biggest news this week-end is that I FINALLY am wearing shorts!  The local newspaper reported today that this May was the coldest ever recorded in this part of Oregon, and the 3rd wettest.  We got snow in the foothills this week (I took this picture Friday).  It's wonderful to finally have some spring-like weather.  It's amazing how fast our garden is responding to the yummy warmth.  I hope it lasts!!

1 comment:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

speaking of chemistry, its winter here, and my blood is officially thin!!! Can't wait to see how the Hexe's turn into molecules... and a quilt.

One thing you cannot count on ... on the west coast is when spring will arrive.... anywhere between Feb and June!!!