Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Thrift store find


Last week, my 12 year old son told me on Monday night, that he had a band concert Tuesday night! I had already planned to meet with a friend that day in Walla Walla to fabric shop and do lunch. My son is growing faster than I can keep him in clothes, so I stopped at the local thrift stores in W2 after lunch to find him some new dress clothes. I've discovered that buying dress clothes at thrift stores is the way to go! Most outfits have almost no wear and tear, and they're a fraction of the cost of new. Sure enough, I scored not one, but 2 very nice outfits for under $10 (2 shirts, 2 pants)!

Being the quilter that I am, I also quickly checked the arts and crafts section. I found a whole basket of pre-cut squares, but really didn't find them stash-worthy. But I did find these 4 colorful glasses for a quarter a piece (the short ones in front)! The great thing about thrift stores is that you don't have to buy a whole set of dishes or glasses if you really want just one or 2. So I bought 1 of each!

I don't know of any quilter who doesn't like to play with color, and I'm no exception. Most of us not only play with colorful fabric, but beads, yarn, pottery, glass, photography, etc... I love these glasses because they're colorful (and cheap). I use them every day, and if one of the boys break one, no biggie. So what about you? What colorful things do you like to play with?

No comments: