Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back in the saddle again...

Yep, I think I'm back on the proverbial horse, after my case of food poisoning last week. After discovering that my friend, whom I'd eaten out for lunch with, also got sick, and that no one in either of our families was sick too, I called the health department to report it, and they have interviewed both of us extensively. Sounds like there was indeed an outbreak of sorts in that town, which is not the town either of us live in. I hope they find the culprit...

But after being horribly sick for a few days, then having the aftermath of a neglected house to attend to (you know how THAT goes), I think I'm finally all caught up now and have been happily sewing along.

I just finished the first of 3 quilt tops that I'm currently working on, and thought I'd share. I have had the "Fire Escape" pattern, by Atkinson Designs for several months now. During my first "shop hop" here in Eastern Oregon, I decided to focus on buying fabric for this quilt, and bought a yard at each of the different stores I went to. I love it! And, though not intentional, I think it'd be a very nice masculine quilt for any guy. It'll fit quite nicely into this house full of boys and men.

I also wanted to show you a picture of the 2 fat quarters I've received in the mail and the ornament from the ho-ho-ho holiday swap over at Gen X Quilters! How much fun is that?!?! I hope to get my ornament finished soon. Any ideas for inspiration?
I also just joined up with a "Quilt along" over at "That Girl, That Quilt..." Come over and join us!

I hope all of you are safe and sound. We have many friends and family in the Midwest who are experiencing severe weather right now. My thoughts are with them and all the other folks who live there!! Take care!

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

Love your Fire Escape quilt!

Becky said...

Thanks!!

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Glad you called and hopefully no one else will be ill.... from food. The Fire Escape does appear to be masculine and if you are going to keep it in the house... You should quilt it in flowers, (or a few), just to add that little touch of feminine to the whole thing.

Becky said...

Great idea Beth!!