Tuesday, December 8, 2009

La Grande and the Blue Mountains


This week-end, we once again got sick of unpacking, and headed to the mountains. This time we went a bit further on I-84, to La Grande, OR. This sleepy town is home of Eastern Oregon University, and is just over the pass from Pendleton. I say it's sleepy, because we went on a Sunday, and there was hardly anything open, including a very alluring brew pub, Mt Emily Ale House. But we did drive by the University, as well as the downtown area.



After lunch, we headed back into the Blue Mountains to find some snow, explore, find a spot to take a family picture, get Biko and the kids some exercise, and yes, Chris did a bit of elk scouting...



It certainly is a lot different that Southern Oregon, even Eastern Southern Oregon, where I lived for a brief 12 weeks many many years ago. But it's beautiful, and full of new places, and things to see.

3 comments:

Laura Martone said...

Aww... cute family photo. Even Biko's looking where he should be!

Becky said...

Thanks! Chris has an incredible talent with photography that I wish he'd exercise more than he does. I swear he almost can't take a bad picture! It takes me a dozen or so to get one good one!

Laura Martone said...

Yeah, Dan has a knack, too. He thinks I need improving. Harumph.